Hudson Cook Adds New Partner in Pennsylvania
May 13, 2013
| Email this story Printer Friendly Version |
HANOVER Md. — Hudson Cook recently brought in its third new partner
so far this year, as the new addition is set to establish the firm's new office
in West Chester, Pa.
Joining the provider of legal compliance services for the financial services industry is Jed Mayk.
Hudson Cook said Mayk's practice will focus on state and federal consumer finance regulatory compliance for banks and non-bank consumer credit providers, with a particular emphasis on mortgage lending and servicing.
Mayk also advises clients on credit reporting, debt collection, unfair trade practice, privacy and data security, and electronic commerce laws and regulations.
Before joining Hudson Cook, Mayk was a shareholder with the law firm of Stevens & Lee P.C. and served as a member of the firm's corporate, finance and capital markets group.
Previously, Mayk was of counsel at Blank Rome, LLP and first vice president at MBNA America Bank, N.A., where he provided legal counsel to the bank on its mortgage lending and other consumer finance operations.
Mayk is a member of the Pennsylvania and New Jersey state bars.
"Jed brings skills and knowledge that will fit perfectly in the firm's practice," Hudson Cook chairman Tom Hudson said.
Continue the conversation with SubPrime Auto Finance News on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- CFPB Ombudsman Reviews How Agency Shares Information, Conducts Examinations
- NABD to Open 2014 with Another BHPH Boot Camp
- 2 More Credit Unions Partner with GrooveCar Direct
- Ally Joins BraunAbility's Finance Provider Network
- Former CFPB Assistant Director to Kick Off AFSA's New Compliance Outlook Webinar Series
- American Auto Guardian Broadens F&I Certification Courses for 2014